Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Week 2

It is Wednesday, January 13. The weekend and our trip to Florence went very well. We took the train from Camuccia (the neighbouring town to Cortona) to Florence. It took less than an hour I think. The majority of the students went. First, we went to the book store to buy our textbooks. Then we found our hostel, which within 5 minutes by foot of the river and the piazza containing the outdoor replica statue of Michelangelo's David. That day, Friday, we walked around and did some shopping. I didn't buy anything substantial, but I got to some sights along the way. That night, we went to a night club. In Italy, people do not go start going to clubs until about 11 am and the prime time is from 1 to 3 am. On Saturday, we went sight seeing. We toured the Duomo, the 4th largest church in the world, the San Lorenzo Basilica, a fortress, and some gardens. After supper, we walked along the river. We came back to Cortona on Sunday. From Monday to Thursday, the hostel cooks for us, but we have to buy or make our own food for lunches and weekend suppers. On Sunday, I went out for dinner at a local restaurant, and had a fine pork steak. On Monday, I had my first classes of History of Medieval Rome and Mortuary Archeaology. Both look good. Unfortunately, I have fallen ill the past couple of days. Yesterday was the worst day, but I'm getting better now I think. This Friday I have a field trip to Rome for my history class. We will visit some museums and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment